Apple Intelligence is now available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 PRO earpiece/receiver not working

I was talking to my friend last night when my earpiece/receiver of Iphone 12(purchased on 15th January 2021) pro stopped working abruptly. I have tried all the solutions including soft reset phone and reset all phone settings. still there problem didn't resolve.

My city is under lockdown due to the COVID-19 virus contamination and i cannot talk on my phone. Can you please suggest me a possible solution ?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 27, 2021 11:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 5:44 AM

Hello,

Hmm, does music still play? What about the "speaker" phone? Do your headphones work?

Anyway, start here until the stores open back up:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

Good luck.

3 replies

Jun 23, 2021 11:59 PM in response to ranjan37

I have the same problem with my old earphones that worked on earlier iPhones but NOT on my new iPhone 12 Pro. I was able to get it to work using an adapter that I got from eBay. One end of the adapter attached to earphones and the other end attached to power code. The sound quality is okay but the older iPhones produced better sound quality I feel, especially iPhone 6 and 6s through the earphones. I sing a lot of karaoke on iPhones.

Iphone 12 PRO earpiece/receiver not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.