Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 7 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi after the installing IOS 14.6

I just noticed that my iphone 7 keeps disconnecting from my WiFi after IOS 14.6 installed.

My symptom:

1. Auto-Join is not working when I come back home.
  2. While my iphone is connecting to my WiFi, it keeps disconnecting from it after hours.
  • I confirmed Wifi connecting before sleep, I found it disconnected when woke up.

does anyone has the same issue after IOS 14.6 installing?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on May 28, 2021 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 5:28 AM

I was aware that my iphone is still connecting from my wifi when woke up this morning. But lock screen wifi connection is still not working (turned off/on).

By chance, I restarted my iphone 7. tested Lock screen wifi connection. It worked.

9 replies

May 29, 2021 8:52 AM in response to ruffyoung

Hello ruffyoung! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting for your iPhone 7 after updating to iOS 14.6. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help.

Let's check to see if the following resource helps: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Make it a great day!

Jun 1, 2021 5:10 AM in response to jovian7

The problem is:

1. "Auto" Join is not functioning at all.
  2. Lock Screen Wi-Fi connecting is not working.
  3. Keep disconnecting from WiFi network after hours later.

I tested your suggestion, but not worked for me. "Private Address" must be turned on as Apple recommended below.

/***

Important: For better privacy, leave Private Address turned on for all networks that support it. Using a private address helps reduce tracking of your iPhone across different Wi-Fi networks.

***/

Anyway thanks for your feedback.

May 29, 2021 7:04 PM in response to SnickZ.

I am having the same problem since installing iOS 14.6 with my iPhone 12 and IPad Air 4th gen.

The response from Snickz my isn’t helpful because I can connect manually - but the wifi disconnects when the screens lock/sleeps, and doesnt auto-join my known network when it is unlocked/awake.

to get wifi, I have to go to setting, select the wifi network (which is known and auto-join IS toggled on) every single time I unlock/wake my devices.

This was never an issue before. I’ve tried resetting the network, forgetting and logging back into the networks , powering off, etc.

This seems to be a bug in 14.6

May 29, 2021 10:36 PM in response to ruffyoung

I have found a solution that works for me! Hopefully it will help you also.

Go to setting

select “wifi”

Select the wifi network that you want to auto-join.

scroll down until you see “private address”. Toggle this off.

go to every network that you want to auto-join when in range and toggle off “private address”

you will see a “privacy warning” when in the wifi menu.

from what I understand about the new “privacy address” is that it’s really for public or untrusted wifi networks, not your own secure personal trusted, home network.

Jun 16, 2021 2:51 AM in response to ruffyoung

Hi, i have the same problem. When i lock my IPhone 7 Plus, it will disconnect me from WIFI after 30 seconds. This is not 100% solution but, i noticed when i play music, i am still connected to WIFI, at least i dont hear when someone messaging me on messenger for example because of music, but i am still in touch. I am sorry for my english i am trying my best. Hope this will works for you, have a nice day.

My iPhone 7 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi after the installing IOS 14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.