Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain screen time settings not coming into affect

I’m trying to remove clear safari history and the screen time setting that would normally block is web content under the content restriction tab, I turn it off with the certain sites being available now but I still can’t clear history

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on May 28, 2021 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 10:08 AM

Hello Fearlesscat369,

We understand that you're having trouble clearing your Safari history with Screen Time enabled. Per the below article, "When there's no history or website data to clear, the setting turns gray. The setting might also be gray if you have web content restrictions set up under Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time." So in order to clear history, you may need to temporarily disable the web content restrictions.

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 10:08 AM in response to Fearlesscat369

Hello Fearlesscat369,

We understand that you're having trouble clearing your Safari history with Screen Time enabled. Per the below article, "When there's no history or website data to clear, the setting turns gray. The setting might also be gray if you have web content restrictions set up under Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time." So in order to clear history, you may need to temporarily disable the web content restrictions.

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

May 29, 2021 12:58 PM in response to Fearlesscat369

Thanks for the clarification, Fearlesscat369,

Do you have any kind of configuration profile on your iPhone? You may find these installed on devices managed via work or a university. They can have specific functions and blocks built in that can prevent you from certain actions.

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple Support

Thanks!

Certain screen time settings not coming into affect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.