Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flags in Messages

In macOS 11.4 the flagged "mailboxes" in the sidebar have disappeared - how do I get them back? Or is there a new convenient way to see all flagged messages of a particular colour?

MacBook Air

Posted on May 28, 2021 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 11:02 AM

Hello Phil0Sverige,

We understand the flagged mailbox is not appearing on your Mac. We'd be happy to provide information.

The section "Show flagged emails" in Flag emails in Mail on Mac provides the steps on how to add the option for flagged emails on the sidebar again.

We hope this helps.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 11:02 AM in response to Phil0Sverige

Hello Phil0Sverige,

We understand the flagged mailbox is not appearing on your Mac. We'd be happy to provide information.

The section "Show flagged emails" in Flag emails in Mail on Mac provides the steps on how to add the option for flagged emails on the sidebar again.

We hope this helps.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

May 29, 2021 2:41 PM in response to SnickZ.

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately this does not answer the problem. The link that you gave me says that I should click next to the Flagged mailbox - but my problem is precisely that the Flagged mailbox is no longer visible. It vanished after I updated to MacOS 11.4 this morning. Of course I can see my flagged mails by setting up smart mailboxes for each flag - but this is not so useful as the original Flagged mailbox. In addition, I can only edit the flag name by editing the name in the flagged mailbox that I no longer have access to!

I would be very grateful for anymore ideas.

All the best,

Phil0

Flags in Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.