Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur font issues

Has anyone else had issues with Big Sur not recognizing Univers Condensed/Standard oblique fonts? It seems to see the rest of them, but not the oblique versions. This is a huge problem for me as several of my clients use the range of fonts in this family for the majority of their publications.

Has anyone figured out what we can do about it? I've written to Apple, and after 31 years as a Mac devotee, I'm just about ready to move over to PC.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on May 28, 2021 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 2:14 AM

There are quite a few font foundries (e.g. Linotype, URW, Adobe) that sell their version of Universe. There may be minor differences between them. On top of that, there are formats (TT, PS, OT) and internal versions (e.g. v2.020) to consider. I’m not saying you should switch to a different/​‘better’ version, but I am saying that it is meaningless if it works for me with a different version than you have.

• Try removing the font family from your system, and then reinstall from source (original disc or original download or backup).

Do you have a third party font management software installed and in use? Has that been updated for Big Sur compatibility?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 2:14 AM in response to artistwoman2

There are quite a few font foundries (e.g. Linotype, URW, Adobe) that sell their version of Universe. There may be minor differences between them. On top of that, there are formats (TT, PS, OT) and internal versions (e.g. v2.020) to consider. I’m not saying you should switch to a different/​‘better’ version, but I am saying that it is meaningless if it works for me with a different version than you have.

• Try removing the font family from your system, and then reinstall from source (original disc or original download or backup).

Do you have a third party font management software installed and in use? Has that been updated for Big Sur compatibility?

Big Sur font issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.