Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro m1 Won't Run Diagnostics

Hello! Need help with running diagnostics on my MacBook Pro M1.

Tried running diagnostics for the first time today just to see if everything's running good but all 3 times I tried, it would freeze just a couple of seconds in and the only way I ended the test was by forcing shut down by holding down the power button. Waited a full half hour on my third try just to give it a fighting chance but still didn't budge. Software is updated to the latest version (Big Sur 11.4 20F71). Anyone else having the same issue / got any advice on this please? Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on May 29, 2021 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 11:02 PM

So I've just been on a chat with a member of the Apple tech support team via the Apple Support app on my iPhone.

If anyone else is having this issue and needs to run Diagnostics, please reach out to them the same way in the meantime. They can run the diagnostics with you and check on their end for any issues with your machine.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 11:02 PM in response to Grace Santos

So I've just been on a chat with a member of the Apple tech support team via the Apple Support app on my iPhone.

If anyone else is having this issue and needs to run Diagnostics, please reach out to them the same way in the meantime. They can run the diagnostics with you and check on their end for any issues with your machine.

May 29, 2021 3:50 PM in response to Grace Santos

See just one of the topics on the subject here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252738206?page=1

(click on "Read All Replies" at the bottom of the page)

I posted my experience with the issue in the above-linked discussion.

If you've noticed when Diagnostics crashes, not even the trackpad will click anymore. Even when you shut down your MacBook, the trackpad remains active and will still click. Not so with this Diagnostics crash...this particular crash is an indication that the MacBook crashed hard enough to lock it up solid.

MacBook Pro m1 Won't Run Diagnostics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.