Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs in iTunes have dotted cloud and won't transfer to iPod

I have an iPod touch mainly for playing music. I used to be able to have all the music in iTunes on the iPod, lately many fo the songs do not transfer. These songs all have a dotted cloud icon in iTunes. I even purchased an album for the second time from the iTunes store but those songs won't download. I have read what Apple says about the dotted cloud, but I want this music on my iPod and it shouldn't matter if it is in Apple Music.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 29, 2021 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 6:31 PM

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. What exactly does it say in the Cloud Status column for these tracks? Do they play in the Music app? Do they show at all on the iPod? I assume that you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match and that sync library is enabled on the device. Correct me if I am wrong.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 6:31 PM in response to jupisano

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. What exactly does it say in the Cloud Status column for these tracks? Do they play in the Music app? Do they show at all on the iPod? I assume that you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match and that sync library is enabled on the device. Correct me if I am wrong.

tt2

Songs in iTunes have dotted cloud and won't transfer to iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.