Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi won’t auto-join known network since iOS 14.6 update

One I updated to iOS 14.6, my iPad Air 4th gen and iPhone 11 will no longer automatically connect to known wifi networks.

Wifi disconnects every time they go to Lock Screen. Then when I unlock the device, I have to go to setting every time and join my wifi network again. I can join manually, but this endless cycle starts again once my phone and iPad Air lock/sleep.

this is extremely annoying and time consuming.

Ive reset my network setting, forgot/logged innetwork, powered off,, etc. No success in fixing this.

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on May 29, 2021 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 10:38 PM

I have found a solution that works for me! Hopefully it will help you also.

Go to setting

select “wifi”

Select the wifi network that you want to auto-join.

scroll down until you see “private address”. Toggle this off.

go to every network that you want to auto-join when in range and toggle off “private address”

you will see a “privacy warning” when in the wifi menu.

from what I understand about the new “privacy address” is that it’s really for public or untrusted wifi networks, not your own secure personal trusted, home network.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 10:38 PM in response to jovian7

I have found a solution that works for me! Hopefully it will help you also.

Go to setting

select “wifi”

Select the wifi network that you want to auto-join.

scroll down until you see “private address”. Toggle this off.

go to every network that you want to auto-join when in range and toggle off “private address”

you will see a “privacy warning” when in the wifi menu.

from what I understand about the new “privacy address” is that it’s really for public or untrusted wifi networks, not your own secure personal trusted, home network.

Wifi won’t auto-join known network since iOS 14.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.