Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intermittent Inbound Call Issue - cant hear caller but they hear me

I have a strange problem where sometimes when I get a call I cant hear the caller but they hear me fine. If I make an outbound call back to them there is no issue. There is no problem during a call either and some calls are very long (1hr+). It is not happening every inbound calls just some and it is not one caller but several over the last several days.

I have switched it off and back on

I have updated to latest IOS

The switched it on and back off

None of things worked.

Thanks

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on May 30, 2021 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 4:00 AM

This issue appears to be a BT mobile network problem which arose through work on the 2 masts in my location. I deleted network settings and then enabled wifi calling as per the call center agent and hopefully this has done the trick. 2 test calls were fine but will have to see how I get on in the next few days.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 4:00 AM in response to Hawknerd

This issue appears to be a BT mobile network problem which arose through work on the 2 masts in my location. I deleted network settings and then enabled wifi calling as per the call center agent and hopefully this has done the trick. 2 test calls were fine but will have to see how I get on in the next few days.

Intermittent Inbound Call Issue - cant hear caller but they hear me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.