Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appe Maps for Desktop Comunity?

I can't find a Community for the Apple Maps Mac OS desktop version. Does one exist?

I want to be able to change the scroll direction in Apple Maps so it works the same way as Google Maps.

In Apple Maps finger forward zooms out and with Google Maps the same action zooms in. I am particularly interested in changing how this works in Photos Places map view. But the same applies to Apple Maps.

Posted on May 30, 2021 5:01 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 30, 2021 5:36 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks for that.

Hadn't occurred to me how that setting would effect maps as I am really zooming in and out and not really scrolling. But you are right that changing that setting to natural makes the Map zoom more intuitive for me.

I am probably an outlier in this but here's my experience:

I find Apple's Natural scroll setting unintuitive when scrolling webpages.

But the Natural scroll setting is completely intuitive for me when zooming in and out of a map.

I just wish there was the ability to change the scroll settings on an app-by-app basis.

Appe Maps for Desktop Comunity?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.