Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing a song from a playlist without removing it from my devices

Somehow I added the whole of a recently purchased album to a playlist instead of a single song.

This has been something I needed to do once or twice in the past, and I did eventually locate a method after lots of trial and error, but now that doesn't seem to be an option available to me, unless it's now been hidden deep down somewhere in the new version.

I have one of the earlier iPad Pros, Model A1673. From my settings, I see that the version running now is iPadOS 14.4.2.

If anyone has been in this particular situation with this version recently, and managed to find the Remove from Playlist option anyway, please let me know how you reached it.

[Please note: I did find a very similar question asked earlier relating to doing this on Windows. I use iTunes only on my iPad and I don't use iTunes on my pc though it's there. So far I have looked for equivalent or similar actions available on iTunes on my iPad and also had a go at seeing whether the options suggested could be carried out on my laptop via the View > Vew As Songs menu which was another reply to that earlier question. Unfortunately my Playlists don't sync with the laptop, so the View Options didn't give me that opportunity.]

I do hope someone can help resolve this so that I can delete the songs in this album from my playlist.

Thank you!

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on May 31, 2021 5:39 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 1, 2021 7:53 AM in response to Stymied2

Hi Stymied2,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you want to remove an album from a playlist and we are happy to help! “To edit a playlist tap , tap Edit, tap , then tap Delete.” For additional information check out the Apple Support articles Create playlists on iPad and Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device.

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Removing a song from a playlist without removing it from my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.