Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume in my phone ringer not working

Hello. Despite my volume being set to 3/4 I can barely hear my phone ringing. Starts out loud for one ring then goes to quiet. Seems to be happening after I take it off silent mode and kinky restart will fix

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 31, 2021 6:06 AM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2021 7:52 AM in response to soc08

Hello soc08,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's our understanding that the ringer volume on your iPhone is lower than expected. We're happy to help.

It sounds like you may have Attention Aware enabled on your iPhone. With this feature the iPhone will check for your attention. If you're looking at the device It will lower the sound of some alerts. If you'd like to disable this feature go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Attention Aware Features. Take a look at the following resource for more information: About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or iPad Pro

Let us know if this helps. Please include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

Volume in my phone ringer not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.