Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a home button for safari

This is the first time I've used an Apple product. On the safari browser, I do not see a home button. Nor did I see a reference to it in the manual. Any help is appreciated.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 31, 2021 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 3:28 PM

sorry to disagree, especially after a "there isn't" answer was recommended by apple, but safari does indeed have a "home" button. you can add it to your toolbar by going into AppleMenu > View > CustomizeToolbar and dragging the "Home" button onto your toolbar.

then, you can set whichever page you want in Safari Preferences under the General tab.

then, with the home button on your toolbar, you can click it and be brought to your chosen homepage at any time.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2021 3:28 PM in response to Ronasara

sorry to disagree, especially after a "there isn't" answer was recommended by apple, but safari does indeed have a "home" button. you can add it to your toolbar by going into AppleMenu > View > CustomizeToolbar and dragging the "Home" button onto your toolbar.

then, you can set whichever page you want in Safari Preferences under the General tab.

then, with the home button on your toolbar, you can click it and be brought to your chosen homepage at any time.

May 31, 2021 10:30 AM in response to rb_from_hb

Safari does not have a home button. I assume that you are looking for a way to have Safari open on a specific web page. That is accomplished by opening Safari's Preferences. Then click on the first button on the top left, General. You can then enter the URL for your Homepage, which is the page you want to have Safari open with. Welcome to Mac.

is there a home button for safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.