Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 steps question

Hi all, I have recently purchased the apple

watch series 3. I’ve swapped from a Fitbit so it’s very different. When I select workout outside walk, when I’m walking it doesn’t show how many steps I’m walking, where as with the Fitbit it shows the amount of steps I was doing during a walk which encouraged me to do more. Is there anyway of seeing how many steps on the apple watch whilst in workout mode ?

thanks

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on May 31, 2021 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2021 10:59 AM

The apple watch doesn't measure steps in the context you mention,you can see a running total for the day here;

And you can see more info in the health app on the phone in the section "walking & running totals.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2021 10:59 AM in response to Emily7600

The apple watch doesn't measure steps in the context you mention,you can see a running total for the day here;

And you can see more info in the health app on the phone in the section "walking & running totals.

May 31, 2021 1:46 PM in response to Emily7600

If your just interested in how many steps you've done,there is quite a few pedometer apps in the store.The apple watch was never meant to be a pedometer more of a workout tracker.

Apple Watch series 3 steps question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.