Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apples Lossless format be available on the web version of Apple Music on windows?

I’m no stranger to using a dongle to connect my Grado SR60s to my iPhone but is there any word regarding whether Apple Music on Windows will support the new format? I personally use a DAC on my PC that I would love to pair with Apple Lossless

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 31, 2021 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2021 7:06 PM

There has been much debating about this issue. See the replies to:

Is lossless audio also coming to iTunes o… - Apple Community

will widows itunes support Lossless music? - Apple Community

Even on a Mac, this link:

About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support

states that to listen to songs at sample rates higher than 48 kHz, you need an external digital-to-analog converter.

If you want a definitive answer, you will have to contact Apple Support.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2021 7:06 PM in response to Windows_Lossless

There has been much debating about this issue. See the replies to:

Is lossless audio also coming to iTunes o… - Apple Community

will widows itunes support Lossless music? - Apple Community

Even on a Mac, this link:

About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support

states that to listen to songs at sample rates higher than 48 kHz, you need an external digital-to-analog converter.

If you want a definitive answer, you will have to contact Apple Support.

Jun 18, 2021 12:05 PM in response to javaliga

Check - Got that... now the OP question. Why is apple withholding support from iTunes? PC users are by far the largest population and therefore will have the most users with external DACs and other equipment capable of handling HD audio. iTunes should have been the easiest of the platforms to integrate HD audio.

Anyone know if or when Apple intends to support iTunes on PC?

Will Apples Lossless format be available on the web version of Apple Music on windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.