You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My I phone I will charge it and the Apple logo just flashes on the screen. Is the battery bad?

My iPhone won’t hold a charge and when I plug it in the Apple icon just flashes. This is what comes up today.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 5:35 AM

1 reply

Jun 2, 2021 7:43 AM in response to 2020Softtail

Hi 2020Softtail,

We appreciate you reaching out for help with your iPhone! Let's go over all options together to get it back up and running.

Have you had an opportunity to connect your device to a different power adapter, and while using a different Lightning to USB Cable? This can help to isolate the root cause of the issue to your iPhone itself, or one of the charging components.

Here's a guide with more helpful information:

If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

If you find that the same behavior persists, you'll want to connect to a computer directly to attempt to update your device while it's in recovery mode, or to restore the software. The following guide has detailed instructions:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

My I phone I will charge it and the Apple logo just flashes on the screen. Is the battery bad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.