Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor advice for Mac Mini M1

I'm ready to buy a mac mini M1 on sale now at Costco for 599. I need a monitor. Would the Samsung 32" Class 4K UHD Curved Monitor for $339 be a good choice? It's 4k, but only has HDMI not usb-C. I'd like to get a 32" 4K USB-C, but those seem to be very expensive. Any advice? I will use the computer for general documents, YouTube, and Netflix. Thanks.

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 11:37 AM

IMO, HDMI is better-suited for the mini than USB-C which hasn’t yet grown out of its teething problems for monitor connections. I do recall seeing posts here with the Samsung 32”, but if you disable Sleep on the mini (not needed for the M1), there shouldn’t be an issue.

So, yes, go for it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2021 11:37 AM in response to Sterlingguy

IMO, HDMI is better-suited for the mini than USB-C which hasn’t yet grown out of its teething problems for monitor connections. I do recall seeing posts here with the Samsung 32”, but if you disable Sleep on the mini (not needed for the M1), there shouldn’t be an issue.

So, yes, go for it.

Jun 1, 2021 12:49 PM in response to Sterlingguy

Just to add, don't skimp on the HDMI cable. Make sure

you get a cable that has HDMI® Cable Certification.

This insures that the cable meets or exceeds all specifications

for an HDMI cable. Using a cheap uncertified cable can be asking

for issues. And it seems the new Mini, actually even some previous

models, have been kind of fussy with connecting cables.

BTW, in general, display vendors will generally supply displays

with the cheapest cable as possible that can squeak by performance wise.

Jun 2, 2021 1:34 AM in response to Sterlingguy

I have the Samsung C49G95TSSC 49" curved monitor. It has 5120x1440 resolution. It took me a bit of time to figure out how to make it work to get the resolution I wanted...but it works great ! Only one minor problem...when I reboot the computer, I need to unplug the displayport cable from the back of the Mac Mini M1 and plug it back in...seems like the displayport on Mac Mini or monitor loses signal...unplugging and plugging in again fixes that. I'm using an 8K displayport and I've got great resolution

Monitor advice for Mac Mini M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.