Monitor Recommendation: M2 Mac Mini

Looking for recommendations for a monitor to pair with a new M2 Mac Mini. I am not a gamer nor do I work intensively with photo or video enhancements. I do need to clearly see menus to surf the web and view my photo galleries. 32" max, 28" would likely be acceptable. I see no need to go beyond 4K and don't know if I need that! Please advise me pros and cons of 4K and also what features would be needed and what features would be nice to have. Thanks!

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 8:51 AM

Thanks for the advice. After much deliberation, I ordered the M2 Mac Mini with the 512 Gb HD. Right now it is $100 on Amazon. I also ordered the LG UltraFine 4K Monitor 27UN850-W at under $400. I plan on using my existing Bluetooth Mac keyboard and mouse. Some day I may upgrade to the keyboard with Touch ID. 

Not sure how I’m going to get documents, pictures and such from my current iMac to the new system, but I’m confident this will become apparent. Fingers crossed this all goes well. 

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 8:51 AM in response to NoBite

Thanks for the advice. After much deliberation, I ordered the M2 Mac Mini with the 512 Gb HD. Right now it is $100 on Amazon. I also ordered the LG UltraFine 4K Monitor 27UN850-W at under $400. I plan on using my existing Bluetooth Mac keyboard and mouse. Some day I may upgrade to the keyboard with Touch ID. 

Not sure how I’m going to get documents, pictures and such from my current iMac to the new system, but I’m confident this will become apparent. Fingers crossed this all goes well. 

Mar 16, 2023 12:33 PM in response to woodmeister50

Thank you! Good Point!!

I hope to spend in the neighborhood of $600. I am replacing a 2012 iMac. Casual web surfing. Picture storage. I use the computer to back up all our mobile devices. No video editing or picture editing beyond occasional for personal use. No video gaming. Heck, I'm too old for gaming! My current old iMac has a 1 TB hard drive and I back up to a 4 TB external drive. The drive in the iMac is 67% full after a decade. I'd like a screen equal to or better than what I have, but it doesn't need to be pro quality. I am thinking of the M2 Mini so it won't be obsolete any time soon. Hope this helps anyone who will be kind enough to offer opinions. Thanks!!

Monitor Recommendation: M2 Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.