Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos

My previous phone got damaged and I can no longer access it. I tried to receive all my photos from iCloud onto my new phone and I have a lot of photos missing that didn’t make it onto this new phone. What can I do? How do I get them back? That’s all I want is my photos of my son back. Please help.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 10:48 AM

5 replies

Jun 2, 2021 7:06 PM in response to karizma21

karizma21 Said:

"iCloud photos: Yes iCloud was turned on. I only had 15 pictures in total that saved from the last 2 years. It’s like1 picture from each month.

———-

Get this iPhone Serviced:

See if this can be recovered. To do so, get this serviced by an AASP or Apple. They’ll do what they can, if a service they offer. So, contact them, asking what your options are, for Data Recovery

I. AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider):

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the device

II. Apple:

A. Genius Bar Appointment:

Take this into Apple. Ask Apple Support about this when calling them. Have Apple look into this. Start by contacting Apple***, and request that a Genius Bar Appointment be reserved. You would take this to your local Apple Store, during which the screen and all other necessities would be looked at.

***Info on Contacting Apple:

B. Send-In Service:

With the Coronavirus going around, your local Apple Store may not be open at this very moment. So, send-in service is what you would use. So, while on the phone, ask the Apple Rep if mail-in service is an available option for you to send this in for service.

C. Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much more time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Less

Jun 1, 2021 10:55 AM in response to karizma21

karizma21 Said:

"iCloud photos: My previous phone got damaged and I can no longer access it. I tried to receive all my photos from iCloud onto my new phone and I have a lot of photos missing that didn’t make it onto this new phone. What can I do? How do I get them back? That’s all I want is my photos of my son back. Please help."

-------

Did you check this iCloud site?: https://www.icloud.com/photos

Also, check other storage locations, such as a USB Flash Drive, or other device associated to this account.

Jun 2, 2021 4:20 PM in response to karizma21

karizma21 Said:

"iCloud photos: Yes I did and it’s showing me pictures I deleted years ago but not ones I’ve taken over the past 1 and a half. I don’t understand why it would save pictures from 2016-2018 but not 2019-2021."

-------

Photos Enabled In iCloud?:

If photos was not enabled on iCloud settings on this iPhone, then they never would have uploaded. So, was Photos enabled in iCloud on this phone giving you the issues?

iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.