Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Battery Suddenly draining within 3 hrs

I have a series 4 Apple watch and suddenly the battery is going flat within 3 hours of being fully charged.

I have unpaired and repaired 3 times and also reset the watch but the problem persists.

The battery only started to drain a few days ago and before this I would be able to wear for 16 hours or more before going flat.

Please help?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 7:00 PM

To understand Apple Watch performance and its relation to your battery, see:

Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support

“Battery life” is the amount of time your device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time your battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. Maximize both and you’ll get the most out of your Apple devices, no matter which ones you own. See the "Tips for Apple Watch" section in:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Update 6.2.1 Battery Draining Too Quickly… - Apple Community

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2021 7:00 PM in response to Rachee1983

To understand Apple Watch performance and its relation to your battery, see:

Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support

“Battery life” is the amount of time your device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time your battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. Maximize both and you’ll get the most out of your Apple devices, no matter which ones you own. See the "Tips for Apple Watch" section in:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Update 6.2.1 Battery Draining Too Quickly… - Apple Community

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

Jun 3, 2021 6:51 AM in response to javaliga

I have unpaired, erase data and restore but same problem persist.

Also have waited a couple of days but no resolution.

im not sure if it has occurred right after a update as my phonr and watch are set to auto updates.

the battery issue has only started instantly one day. I have never had this issue or a build up of the battery going flat over time.

Jun 8, 2021 6:48 AM in response to omarfrommünchen

I have yet to find a solution that works. Which has resulted in me not wearing the watch because it’s pretty much useless.

I have unpaired, repaired, at least 4 times.

reset all data on watch three times and have updated my phone and watch to latest updates.

so I have no further direction to follow.

I was hoping an update would repair but the watch and phone is up to date.

im clueless of now what to do as I’m sure it’s a pairing fault as this started all of a sudden.

Apple Watch Battery Suddenly draining within 3 hrs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.