Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logo watermark on photos?

I found ways to add the "firm's name ©" with edit / ... markup/ text / ctrl+cmd+space (opens icons/emoji ©)... Is there a way to add a logo.png (ex., transparent background) on top of a picture? This feature would save me 1000s of work hours, specially when profie pictures dont need much retouch. For presentations, it is already integrated on Pages... (incl. instant alpha, great feature).

iMac 27″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 2:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 3:22 AM

You are using the app Photos, not iPhoto, right? I am asking because iPhoto does no longer run on macOS 11, but your question is in the iPhoto forum.

To add a watermark you could use the Preview.app as an external editor in Photos.

• Open your Watermark in Preview, then select all of the Watermark with ⌘A and copy it to the Pasteboard with ⌘C
  • Select a photo in Photos,
  • then go to the menu "Image" and select "Edit with > Preview"
  • Now paste the content of the Pasteboard into the open photo with ⌘V
  • Drag the watermark to the position you want and adjust the size by dragging the resize corners.
  • Save the modified image with ⌘S and quit Preview
  • Now the modified image should appear in Photos.

For example - my watermark opened in Preview and copied to the pasteboard, then pasted into a photo from my Photos Library, using Preview as external editor:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 3:22 AM in response to studio-lab

You are using the app Photos, not iPhoto, right? I am asking because iPhoto does no longer run on macOS 11, but your question is in the iPhoto forum.

To add a watermark you could use the Preview.app as an external editor in Photos.

• Open your Watermark in Preview, then select all of the Watermark with ⌘A and copy it to the Pasteboard with ⌘C
  • Select a photo in Photos,
  • then go to the menu "Image" and select "Edit with > Preview"
  • Now paste the content of the Pasteboard into the open photo with ⌘V
  • Drag the watermark to the position you want and adjust the size by dragging the resize corners.
  • Save the modified image with ⌘S and quit Preview
  • Now the modified image should appear in Photos.

For example - my watermark opened in Preview and copied to the pasteboard, then pasted into a photo from my Photos Library, using Preview as external editor:

Logo watermark on photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.