Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery discharging while power adapter connected to MacBook Pro M1

Hi there,

I have bought an Apple MacBook Pro M1 in December 2020, and in last day I have saw some strange behaviours:

Two weeks ago, I have fully charged the MacBook and next 2 days, I have saw a drop to 99% and charging, while all this time the power adapter was connected!

Yesterday I have fully charged my MacBook and leave it with the power adapter connected(100% battery)

-today I have checked my battery with coconutBattery and that app sayd that my battery was around 90%, but my battery in mb status bar was 100%. So, I have did a restart. After restart, the battery in mb status bar was to 91% and started charging ...

How is possible to discarge from 100% to 91% in a day(24 hours, from yesterday to today) while in all this time the power adapter was connected to my MacBook? And why I have saw this drop ONLY AFTER RESTART?

It is normal ? Can someone tell me if I need to go to service or is a normal behaviour ?

This is battery health management? Maybe apple doesn't show the discharging rate (only in case of restart, like mine) to not panic users and is normal ?

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 4:58 AM

I do see the percentage going down, but it is a very slow process. If I was merely using the Mac to read and respond to post where on the forum, it would probably be 6 or more hours before the percentage dropped to ~89% and the battery again started charging.

The Apple articles below may help.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

If battery charging is paused or on hold on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 4:58 AM in response to Eduard1995

I do see the percentage going down, but it is a very slow process. If I was merely using the Mac to read and respond to post where on the forum, it would probably be 6 or more hours before the percentage dropped to ~89% and the battery again started charging.

The Apple articles below may help.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

If battery charging is paused or on hold on your Mac - Apple Support

Jun 2, 2021 7:15 AM in response to Eduard1995

You’re welcome. I don’t spend a lot of time on the MacBook Air, but when I do use it for any extended periods, I do note that the charging cycle will slowly drop until it reaches the threshold, and again starts charging. While I was trying to troubleshoot the behaviour when I first witnessed it, I now know it is expected behaviour.

Battery discharging while power adapter connected to MacBook Pro M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.