Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12Pro Max incorrect album art. Year 2021

Does Apple ever plan to fix this issue for those who DO NOT want to stream music? Incorrect album covers have been an issue now for YEARS since iPhone X!!

Album art covers on iTunes on my 2016 MB Pro is correct & working properly but since iPhone X it's been an issue but it's even worse now with IP12PMX! Eve if i manually delete the song off my phone & then reconnect manually to my MBPro the cover art is WRONG again & again.

I don't use iCloud or Apple Music services, I don't use Spotify or any other "Streaming" platform for my music. I buy/download music.

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 2:46 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Jun 2, 2021 4:50 PM in response to ibroker

In iTunes or Finder depending on your version of macOS go to Summary tab for the iPhone, then select Music, and uncheck “Sync Music onto iPhone”. Click the sync button to apply the changes. This will remove all music from the iPhone, but will not affect anything on the Mac.

Once done, reboot the iPhone. Repeat the process to sync the Music back onto the iPhone.

Jun 2, 2021 3:22 PM in response to Phil0124

Thanks for the reply. So it's in your opinion its definitely a "cache" issue isn't it? It does make sense, like a left over cache folder is hiding somewhere on the phone maybe?

What's the safest way to remove ALL the music off the phone WITHOUT deleting them off my MacBook Pro? I know this sounds like a basic newbie question but before on iTunes you couldn't delete a song from your phone. If you did but still had it on your computer it would just re-appear. You had to clear it off your computer for it to never appear back on your phone. But I deleted a song off my phone a few days ago & it was gone from the phone AND my computer??? This is frustrating because I can't trust either device so I hate to go & completely delete something when I'm not certain it's not completely deleted off both my phone AND Mac.

Jun 12, 2021 2:54 PM in response to ibroker

This is the most frustrating issue I've ever had. It's INSANE that this seemingly simple issue can't be fixed after YEARS of people complaining about it. I've tried every workaround I've seen on here, including the one in this thread... The only thing that ever happens is I can sometime get the artwork to change to a different random artwork. Apple DOES NOT CARE about people who have there own music on their devices. The funny thing is that now I'm even getting albums that I bought on the iTunes store that won't show the correct art. ALL art is correct in iTunes, but is random on the phone.

THE ONLY fix that will keep you halfway sane is to remove the artwork from an album entirely in iTunes, drag the album over so it will have NO ART, then add it back in iTunes. So the best solution is NO artwork on the phone. Thanks Apple.

Jun 12, 2021 3:04 PM in response to brooksayola

What Apple is basically telling us is that they don't care about music purchasers & that the current "generation" only streams music so the platform they will ONLY concentrate on & cater too are things like Apple Music & Spotify etc. which is complete BS. I'm spending money too even if it's not a fixed amount every month it's still MONEY.

iTunes has just been a complete mess for at least 7-8yrs now with no hope of getting back to how it used to work. It used to be almost flawless but with the addition of iCloud & now Apple Music it's just a complete mess. I refuse to iCloud my already purchased music just to stream it & use up data which costs money. I already bought the music I'm not paying to listen to something I already bought.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll probably have to go that route for now.

Jun 12, 2021 3:26 PM in response to ibroker

The stupid part is that, I'm pretty sure we're not dealing with witchcraft here... It would probably take a junior coder an hour to fix it. We're literally dragging and dropping files from a Mac to an iPhone that have an image file attached to them. Cache or no cache, this can't be that complicated.

In my case there is also a strange "pattern?" When I'm going through the motions trying multiple ways to get it to work (I've spent easily 5 hours on this) the cover art that it displays seems to always start in the upper alphabet, say Aphex Twin, then the more times I try to delete music, then drag again, it will eventually go the B bands, then C... (today everything is Crystal Method) Not every band on the phone though, that's random, but in alphabetical order, skipping some. So weird.

12Pro Max incorrect album art. Year 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.