Newsroom Update

This fall, AirPods software updates will transform the way users respond to Siri, take calls, and immerse themselves in their favorite games. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost right AirPod around house and Find My won’t play any sound

I lost my right airpod around my house so I use the Find My app to play a sound but when I try to make it sound it just keeps saying sound pending and no matter how long I wait it won’t play any sound. Why?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 8:37 PM

As it says in the message, It cannot connect. You may need to to try in different places in the house. Bluetooth signal strength is not very strong and house building materials can affect reception.

To learn 'How to find your lost AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max,' click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT207581

3 replies

Jun 3, 2021 5:03 AM in response to emileuu

For Find My, ALL the requirements in this list must be fulfilled for Find My to even have a chance to work:

- Find My [device] must have been set up before they went missing.

- They must be in range (<~150') or all you will see is "last location".

- They must be charged (see the link for details).

- They are not inside their Charging Case (Airpods Max Smart Case is not the same thing.).

- They have not been reset by somebody who found them.

- To find a single Airpod, put the one you have in the charging case first.

- You cannot track a lost case with Find My.

Lost right AirPod around house and Find My won’t play any sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.