Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need help with audio/video out of sync within a clip in iMovie

I have a clip that I need to fix. The video is slower than the person's voice. How can I fix that clip in my iMovie (10.2.3) ? apple computer is 10.15.7

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 8:05 AM

Select the video clip and do a Modify/Detach Audio. Use the slider located to the right of your screen above the timeline to expand out your timeline. Then Control-click on the detached audio clip and select Show Speed Editor from the drop down menu. That will reveal a speed slider handle in the upper right corner of your audio clip. Slide it slightly to the left to slow the audio, and to the right to speed it up. Work with it until you get a good sync. You can do the same procedure with the video clip if you prefer, in which case you would want to move the speed adjustment slider to the left to slightly speed up the video to sync with the audio. .

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2021 8:05 AM in response to gaemiguel

Select the video clip and do a Modify/Detach Audio. Use the slider located to the right of your screen above the timeline to expand out your timeline. Then Control-click on the detached audio clip and select Show Speed Editor from the drop down menu. That will reveal a speed slider handle in the upper right corner of your audio clip. Slide it slightly to the left to slow the audio, and to the right to speed it up. Work with it until you get a good sync. You can do the same procedure with the video clip if you prefer, in which case you would want to move the speed adjustment slider to the left to slightly speed up the video to sync with the audio. .

-- Rich

need help with audio/video out of sync within a clip in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.