You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple TV remote will not pair with previous-generation Apple TV 4K

Hi,

I have tried multiple times over the last few hours to pair a new Apple TV remote bought from the Apple Store with my existing previous gen Apple TV 4K. No matter what I do, the Apple TV just tells me to bring the remote closer to complete pairing. I tried leaving the remote sitting on top of the Apple TV with absolutely no luck. I have charged the new remote. I have physically power cycled the Apple TV many times. I've put the old siri remote as far away in the house as I can. I am absolutely stumped. Do I need to do a complete factory reset on the Apple TV? Is my new remote broken? Is there seriously no way to remove the old siri remote? I am at my wit's end right now. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 12:58 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 4, 2021 12:10 PM in response to shirokuro

Salutations shirokuro,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Apple Support Communities! It seems that you are having an issue pairing your Siri remote to Apple TV. We will be honored to assist you!

Please review the article below:

Reconnect the Siri Remote to Apple TV

Troubleshoot your Apple TV remote here:

If your Apple TV remote isn't working

Have a joyful day!

New Apple TV remote will not pair with previous-generation Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.