Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music library disappeared on my phone

My music library was not updating on my phone from the music on my laptop. So from my phone I switched the "sync library" tab off then on again, thinking it may solve the problem however it just made it worse. Now my apple music library is totally gone from my iphone although it still says i am logged into my apple music account. My apple music library still appears on my laptop however. I have made sure sync music library is also on on my laptop and that both my laptop and my phone have the most recent software updates. What do I need to do to get it back on my phone?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2021 10:34 PM

I had this happen with an iPad. I had to sign out, delete the app, reinstall it, sign in again and connect it to my computer. This was however a few years ago. One time with an iPhone 8 my husband had to connect my computer to our server in order to redownload my music to my computer so my iphone will sync. I don't know if this helps or just lets you know you aren't the only one.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2021 10:34 PM in response to Conorn_

I had this happen with an iPad. I had to sign out, delete the app, reinstall it, sign in again and connect it to my computer. This was however a few years ago. One time with an iPhone 8 my husband had to connect my computer to our server in order to redownload my music to my computer so my iphone will sync. I don't know if this helps or just lets you know you aren't the only one.

Apple Music library disappeared on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.