Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to download office on my new Mac

Just purchased a new Mac & have done all the updates to update to most current OS (which seems to be 13.1.2) & now trying to download my office account so I can get word, excel etc... on this Mac but comes up with a message saying you need 10.14.10 or later to download. How do I fix this? How do I download the most up to date OS?

Thankyou

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 6:42 AM

From the Apple menu > About This Mac, what is the content in parenthesis on your product description line. Keep that in mind, when using strictly the Safari browser, you visit How to get old versions of macOS. For current Microsoft Office installation, you will be comparing your information from the first sentence to the hardware requirements for macOS Mojave (10.14.6), or later. If your hardware can install Mojave, there will be a link to its full installer in the Mac App Store.

Before any macOS upgrade, you should perform a Time Machine backup. Also check for your explicit printer/scanner models, that their respective vendors still provide driver support for macOS Mojave or later. Do this before the upgrade.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 6:42 AM in response to CJRR72

From the Apple menu > About This Mac, what is the content in parenthesis on your product description line. Keep that in mind, when using strictly the Safari browser, you visit How to get old versions of macOS. For current Microsoft Office installation, you will be comparing your information from the first sentence to the hardware requirements for macOS Mojave (10.14.6), or later. If your hardware can install Mojave, there will be a link to its full installer in the Mac App Store.

Before any macOS upgrade, you should perform a Time Machine backup. Also check for your explicit printer/scanner models, that their respective vendors still provide driver support for macOS Mojave or later. Do this before the upgrade.

Trying to download office on my new Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.