You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

watchOS 11 is now available

Introducing sleep apnea notifications, the Vitals app, training load, additional customization for Activity rings, a more personalized Smart Stack, and more. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlocking MacBook Pro With Apple Watch

All of a sudden, my Apple Watch 5 is not unlocking my MacBook Pro. I'm supposed to sign into iCloud on my Apple Watch. How do I do that?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 7:16 AM

1 reply

Jun 5, 2021 8:22 AM in response to JoeShootsHeScores

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, JoeShootsHeScores!

From our understanding, you’re unable to use your watch to unlock your computer because it is not connected to iCloud. We can certainly understand your concern and can help provide some insight.

When setting up the Watch, it will have you sign in using your Apple ID or will sign in with the Apple ID of the companion phone. To be sure the watch is logged in with the correct account, make sure the iPhone is logged in to the correct account. You can learn more here: Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Kindest regards!

Unlocking MacBook Pro With Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.