Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Library placing songs from the same able in different folders

in my Apple Music library, in the Media folder, I see a bunch of artist albums, some only have a few songs, but if I do into the "Apple Music" folder and look for the artist and albums, the rest of the songs will be there. how can I get all the songs to stay in the same folder?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 11:26 AM

DRM protected media that you obtain through the Apple Music service goes inside the Apple Music folder, other content normally goes into <Media Folder>/Music. whereas you are showing artist folders in the <Media Folder>. Under File > Library > Organize Library is the box Rearrange Files available for you to tick? Selecting this option would switch to the default layout. Turning Keep organized off and back on again will rearrange files into the currently selected layout, either pushing artist folder down into <Media Folder>/Music, or pulling anything in there up one level. Orphaned content, not currently connected to the library, is left where it is.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 11:26 AM in response to irishking

DRM protected media that you obtain through the Apple Music service goes inside the Apple Music folder, other content normally goes into <Media Folder>/Music. whereas you are showing artist folders in the <Media Folder>. Under File > Library > Organize Library is the box Rearrange Files available for you to tick? Selecting this option would switch to the default layout. Turning Keep organized off and back on again will rearrange files into the currently selected layout, either pushing artist folder down into <Media Folder>/Music, or pulling anything in there up one level. Orphaned content, not currently connected to the library, is left where it is.

tt2

Apple Music Library placing songs from the same able in different folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.