Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding mp3 files to music library

I am trying to add a large collection of songs I have on my laptop to my apple music and I tried putting them into "Automatically add to Music" but they all got put into a "Not Added" folder. They are all MP3 so I am unsure what the issue is.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 5:33 PM

Drbptr,

Going into the "Not Added" folder usually means that they audio files are not compatible. Try a few of the files individually (one at a time) by right-click, Open With > Music, and see if they add that way.

3 replies

Mar 29, 2023 2:54 PM in response to drbptr

drbptr wrote:

Still nothing, it opens the music app but then nothing plays or shows up. I tried this for a couple of different ones and nothing changed.

That means that Music is finding the files to be invalid. If you have access to a 3rd party MP3 repair program, you can probably clean them up. Or if possible, go back to the source and request a refund or replacement.

Adding mp3 files to music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.