Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music library only finds only a few albums

I have an +100GB stack of music files (coming from the iTunes age) that I now want to use in Music. When I force Music to create a new library it only finds a handfull (only the ones I bought at iTunes ??) of albums. How can I get Music to recognize the rest ?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 8:37 AM

When you are signed into your Apple ID in a new/empty library iTunes or Music will show your unhidden purchases, or your iCloud Music Library if you have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription and have enabled Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library. To get it to catalog any other content on your computer use File > Add To Library... or File > Import...

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2022 8:37 AM in response to Ronald Timmermans

When you are signed into your Apple ID in a new/empty library iTunes or Music will show your unhidden purchases, or your iCloud Music Library if you have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription and have enabled Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library. To get it to catalog any other content on your computer use File > Add To Library... or File > Import...

tt2

Apple Music library only finds only a few albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.