Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Homepods lose connection with my iPhone, Airplay is not stable

Hi,

last months I have bought 2 Homepods and paired them with my iPhone using them together as Left and Right sounds.

The problem is that on my iPhone it’s very hard to have a nice, long and stable connection with the Homepods, it usually works like this: I wanna play a song, I mirror it to the Homepods, after a few minutes my iPhone lose connection with my Homepods that continue to go by themselves with tracks of the same album but I can’t control them anymore on my iPhone, sometimes for few minutes, sometimes for even longer.

Then, the iPhone magically pairs again and I can control Homepods on it.

Sometimes it even get worse: when after few minutes the iPhone lose connection, the audio on the speakers stops.

Or it goes only in one speaker and not on the other one.

Yesterday I updated my iPhone with the last iOS version and I reset both Homepods and paired again but it still lose connection after few minutes :(

Do you have the same problem? Can really be that two 350€ Apple speakers work way worse than a simple bluetooth speaker?

I’m desperate :(

Thank you for your help!

HomePod, 14

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 1:33 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 5, 2021 3:56 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi, thank you for your reply!

I’ve tried multiple times to control them by the Control Center as you said but even there, when I tap on “control other speakers & TVs” and tap on the Homepods, it tries to connect but most of the times it can’t make it or spend like several seconds or even minutes to connect… Sometimes, after a minute of waiting, it even tells me that AirPlay can’t connect to the Homepods, while they are still playing music, and only after 20/30 minutes it gets the connection again.

Infact most of the times, when it finally works and the iPhone is pairing with the homepods, it still doesn’t let me see and control what they are playing but the iPhone tells me that it’s going to stop playing music from HomePods and switch to what I wanna play from my iPhone, it’s like they are two different entities, they lost connection after few minutes of playing a song, to reconnect I have to wait several seconds or minutes and then I’m forced to stop Homepods to control again everything on my device :(

I really hope there is a way to solve this issue, it’s very frustrating and it’s going to be very problematic, forcing me to stop using them after only one month.

So disappointed :(

My Homepods lose connection with my iPhone, Airplay is not stable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.