Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur is not displaying Canon's .CR3 files as thumbnails in finder

I've got a Canon R5, which is by now more than half a year old, running BigSur latest version, and the Finder is still not displaying the RAW files despite being listed in the support list.

Please Apple sort this out, I am a professional photographer and it makes working ever so slightly more difficult. 

Would be fab to make it happen, thanks!!!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 12:34 PM

Apple is not here, just fellow users. I downloaded a compressed RAW (CRAW) R5 image and it will not display in the Finder, Quick Look, or in Finder Gallery View. It will open in Apple's Preview. The same image as a JPG does appear in all of the preceding.

The internal CRAW image type and camera model name are Canon EOS R5.

You can send direct feedback to the macOS product team, as they do not participate here.

Has Canon issued any firmware updates for the R5 where the supporting fixes may address icon display issues on macOS Big Sur?

(Intel) macOS 11.4

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2021 12:34 PM in response to michafoto

Apple is not here, just fellow users. I downloaded a compressed RAW (CRAW) R5 image and it will not display in the Finder, Quick Look, or in Finder Gallery View. It will open in Apple's Preview. The same image as a JPG does appear in all of the preceding.

The internal CRAW image type and camera model name are Canon EOS R5.

You can send direct feedback to the macOS product team, as they do not participate here.

Has Canon issued any firmware updates for the R5 where the supporting fixes may address icon display issues on macOS Big Sur?

(Intel) macOS 11.4

Big Sur is not displaying Canon's .CR3 files as thumbnails in finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.