Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some apps and webpages no longer working on 8th gen ipad, wifi issue?

Hi there desperate for some help. I have an 8th gen ipad software version 14.6. Two days ago I noticed that the twitch chat wasn't loading on, then discord due to limited connectivity. I checked my internet all good and I was still browsing web pages on the ipad which loaded fine. I then noticed issues using jackbox games website despite other pages loading fine. I rebooted my internet, didn't work. I deleted and re downloaded the apps that were having issues. I've turned the ipad off and on a few times. I clicked 'forget this network' and re-joined the wifi again didn't work. I tried doing an internet speed test via google but that wouldn't load at all. I have no clue how to fix it at this point. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It's like the wifi is only half working on my ipad and I don't know how/why! help please!

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 3:38 PM

Some poorly codes websites incorrectly identify your iOS/iPadOS Safari User Agent when used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which their are two. The two modes are Desktop and Mobile.

It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done. Now refresh the webpage.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed. Hopefully this will resolve your issue.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2021 3:38 PM in response to Shobot

Some poorly codes websites incorrectly identify your iOS/iPadOS Safari User Agent when used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which their are two. The two modes are Desktop and Mobile.

It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done. Now refresh the webpage.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed. Hopefully this will resolve your issue.

Some apps and webpages no longer working on 8th gen ipad, wifi issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.