Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple diagnostic does not work on Big Sur 11.4 (Intel MacBook Pro - 2020)

Hi, I noticed a little while ago that apple diagnostic does not work at startup, I cannot understand if it is a problem related to the last update I made of big sur (11.4) or a native bug of the operating system. In practice, by carrying out the procedure by pressing the "d" key at startup, after choosing the wi-fi network to connect to, an error symbol with code 2104 appears. From I could understand the computer is unable to connect to the wifi during this operation. I wanted to test just for the sake of it, I don't think my Mac has hardware problems.
I have a 2020 Macbook Pro Intel I5 13".
Thank you.

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 11:03 AM

Yeah, I have the same laptop and the same thing is happening to me. I got through the language selection screen but after that the screen is just stuck and nothing is happening. It was working before I updated my laptop so idk.

I tried to ask apple support but even they couldn't figure it out and said to send it in for repairs

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2021 11:03 AM in response to Alesh101

Yeah, I have the same laptop and the same thing is happening to me. I got through the language selection screen but after that the screen is just stuck and nothing is happening. It was working before I updated my laptop so idk.

I tried to ask apple support but even they couldn't figure it out and said to send it in for repairs

Apple diagnostic does not work on Big Sur 11.4 (Intel MacBook Pro - 2020)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.