Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I flip a VIDEO in Photo Booth

I just got my new 2021 iMac. Photo Booth reverses photos and videos. You can select an option to flip new items. This works for new photographs, but not new videos. Any ideas?

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 8:51 AM

I wouldn't have posted it if I hadn't tried it out first:

But I still can't spell "not".

If it's not working for you boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to nearly twice as long as a normal boot as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2021 8:51 AM in response to GovtLawyer

I wouldn't have posted it if I hadn't tried it out first:

But I still can't spell "not".

If it's not working for you boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to nearly twice as long as a normal boot as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Jun 6, 2021 12:53 PM in response to GovtLawyer

Hello GovtLawyer and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty with video orientation for clips captured via PhotoBooth.

The PhotoBooth app does not have an option for flipping video. However you can get there by using the Share icon and choosing Add to Photos. Then, open the Photos app and choose the Edit option in the upper right and then the Crop tab at the top of the window. In the sidebar on the right, you'll see an option called Flip which will flip the video orientation.

Photo editing basics in Photos on Mac

Cheers.

How do I flip a VIDEO in Photo Booth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.