Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep / Wake Up Alarm - Apple Watch

I’ve been using the sleep settings and wake-up alarm on my iPhone lately - and like how it tells me to wind down in advance and also really like the alarm options - much better than the typical alarm settings (“early riser” is nice). On my old Apple Watch it used to play the “early riser alarm” on my iPhone and I would also feel the watch vibrate a bit. However I just got a new Apple Watch and now it ONLY vibrates on my wrist when it’s time to get up and there is NO alarm sound whatsoever on my phone. So far it has woken me up with just vibrations but I’m nervous one day it will not wake me up. I’d like to go back to being able to BOTH hearing my phone play the wake up alarm and also perhaps keep the haptic alert on Watch, but can’t figure out how to do that. I’ve looked at settings in alarm and on watch and don’t see any way to change that. Help...

Apple Watch Sport

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 5:43 AM

Hi sdb 185,

Thank you for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. It seems like you are only getting haptics (vibrations) on your Apple Watch when the alarm goes off and are not getting any audible noise either from your iPhone or Apple Watch.

It sounds like you are using the Sleep app on Apple Watch to create a bedtime schedule. Go to the Track your sleep with Apple Watch article and scroll down to the "Change sleep options" section. It says:

• Wake to haptic taps: Touch and hold the bottom of the screen, swipe up to open Control Center, then tap  to turn on silent mode. Apple Watch wakes you with taps, but no audible alarm.

To get an audible alarm on the Apple Watch, let's start by ensuring Silent Mode is turned off on your Apple Watch. This page walks you through the steps of adding and managing alarms on your Apple Watch: Add an alarm on Apple Watch.

1. On that page, scroll down to the "Set an alarm on Apple Watch" section.
    2. Under that section, click the link in the Tip: "To create an alarm that taps your wrist, but doesn’t make a sound, turn on silent mode."
    3. Follow the instructions and ensure that the Silent Mode icon (Bell) does not have a line through it.

If an alarm is created in the Alarms app on the Apple Watch, you will not be alerted on your iPhone when your Apple Watch alarms go off.

To have the alarm alert you on both your Apple Watch and iPhone, the Alarm must be set through the Alarms app on your iPhone and the alerts must be pushed to your Apple Watch. Follow these instructions to see the same alarms on both iPhone and Apple Watch.

1. Navigate to: Add an alarm on Apple Watch
    2. Scroll down to the section: "See the same alarms on both iPhone and Apple Watch"
    3. Follow the instructions to turn on Push Alerts from iPhone after you set an Alarm on your iPhone.

I hope that works for you!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2021 5:43 AM in response to sdb185

Hi sdb 185,

Thank you for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. It seems like you are only getting haptics (vibrations) on your Apple Watch when the alarm goes off and are not getting any audible noise either from your iPhone or Apple Watch.

It sounds like you are using the Sleep app on Apple Watch to create a bedtime schedule. Go to the Track your sleep with Apple Watch article and scroll down to the "Change sleep options" section. It says:

• Wake to haptic taps: Touch and hold the bottom of the screen, swipe up to open Control Center, then tap  to turn on silent mode. Apple Watch wakes you with taps, but no audible alarm.

To get an audible alarm on the Apple Watch, let's start by ensuring Silent Mode is turned off on your Apple Watch. This page walks you through the steps of adding and managing alarms on your Apple Watch: Add an alarm on Apple Watch.

1. On that page, scroll down to the "Set an alarm on Apple Watch" section.
    2. Under that section, click the link in the Tip: "To create an alarm that taps your wrist, but doesn’t make a sound, turn on silent mode."
    3. Follow the instructions and ensure that the Silent Mode icon (Bell) does not have a line through it.

If an alarm is created in the Alarms app on the Apple Watch, you will not be alerted on your iPhone when your Apple Watch alarms go off.

To have the alarm alert you on both your Apple Watch and iPhone, the Alarm must be set through the Alarms app on your iPhone and the alerts must be pushed to your Apple Watch. Follow these instructions to see the same alarms on both iPhone and Apple Watch.

1. Navigate to: Add an alarm on Apple Watch
    2. Scroll down to the section: "See the same alarms on both iPhone and Apple Watch"
    3. Follow the instructions to turn on Push Alerts from iPhone after you set an Alarm on your iPhone.

I hope that works for you!

Sleep / Wake Up Alarm - Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.