Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NO DELETE FUNCTION

I am using a maCOS 11.4 and I find it very difficult because maCOS does not support the single DELETE button to erase the texts ONLY in different rows or column. 

Instead when you erase texts, and use the DELETE button, these texts in rows or column will be deleted together with the rows and column. 

So how can I delete only the texts in rows or columns without erasing the rows and columns?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 7:11 PM

IN Word 365 when every time I delete texts in a row or column (using the function key DELETE/ BACKSPACE on MacBook Air), the row or column will also be deleted. Thus what mac did was replaced the DELETE button with special keys:

To delete texts in a row or column you need to press FN + DELETE. So the row or column won't be deleted too, only the text. Sorry my english is broken, i hope you understand it. haha

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 7:11 PM in response to Keith Barkley

IN Word 365 when every time I delete texts in a row or column (using the function key DELETE/ BACKSPACE on MacBook Air), the row or column will also be deleted. Thus what mac did was replaced the DELETE button with special keys:

To delete texts in a row or column you need to press FN + DELETE. So the row or column won't be deleted too, only the text. Sorry my english is broken, i hope you understand it. haha

NO DELETE FUNCTION

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.