Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 is unresponsive on passcode screen

Whenever I try to unlock my iPhone the touch screen becomes unresponsive. Sometimes the buttons do work, but only a few do. The home button, sleep button, and volume buttons still work.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 11:58 PM

Force restart iPhone 6s

Press and hold both the volume down button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

If the above does not resolve the issue then please check your iPhone's available free storage space. Open Settings ➔ General ➔ iPhone Storage: Here, you can determine the total available free space. If you have less than 6GB available then you may experience poor performance issues such as the one you have mentioned in your post.

The other thing to note is that your display may be failing. If that is the case then have your iPhone examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnoses and resolution.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2021 11:58 PM in response to Ineedhelpplzandty

Force restart iPhone 6s

Press and hold both the volume down button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

If the above does not resolve the issue then please check your iPhone's available free storage space. Open Settings ➔ General ➔ iPhone Storage: Here, you can determine the total available free space. If you have less than 6GB available then you may experience poor performance issues such as the one you have mentioned in your post.

The other thing to note is that your display may be failing. If that is the case then have your iPhone examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnoses and resolution.

Axel F.

My iPhone 6 is unresponsive on passcode screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.