Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy an unlocked iPhone in Europe, can it be used in the US?

I had my brand new iPhone 12 snatched from my hands on a train in the south of Italy. I will be studying here for two more months and not having a phone is becoming a safety concern. I have insurance and got a new one delivered to my home in the US, but overseas shipping, customs costs, and a long waiting period are not worth just buying a new phone here. If I were to buy a new iPhone 12 in Italy for about 850 euros, at the end of the two months, would I be able to take it back to the US and sell it if I do not get service on it? If I got a European SIM card, could I get data service (say from Vodafone) for the remainder of my time here and still sell it unlocked in the US? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 4:40 AM

The problem for you and anyone else buying it in USA is that there is no "international warranty" on iPhones and iPads so no service or warranty will be available on it outside Italy.

5G mm wave may not be available on a EU phone.

1 reply

If I buy an unlocked iPhone in Europe, can it be used in the US?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.