Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernal Panic - MacBook Air 2017 (7,2)

Any suggestions to resolve this kernal panic error? thank you, in advance.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 6:27 AM

If you have any external devices attached, disconnect and test.

You have no third-party kernel extensions loaded, so it is most likely a hardware problem.

You can try resetting NVRAM and erase/reinstall, but you will likely need to take it to an Apple Store or Authorized Repair center.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2021 6:27 AM in response to Mgretsky

If you have any external devices attached, disconnect and test.

You have no third-party kernel extensions loaded, so it is most likely a hardware problem.

You can try resetting NVRAM and erase/reinstall, but you will likely need to take it to an Apple Store or Authorized Repair center.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

Jun 7, 2021 5:06 PM in response to Mgretsky

The "No more room to grow table" may mean you ran out of memory or storage space. Or some type of programming/variable structure used by the "diskarbitration" daemon needed more room than the programmers ever thought it would need (possibly due to a bug).

Do you have any other Kernel Panic logs that you can post so we can see if there are any patterns? These panic logs are located in "/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports". The file name will begin with "kernel" and end in ".panic".

It also would not hurt to run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper. It never hurts to run the Apple Diagnostics.

Jun 9, 2021 7:18 PM in response to HWTech

thanks. However, in the logs, there was only one kernel panic (the one I posted from 6/7/21) despite receiving the error multiple times. I deleted some unused programs and updated a few others and have not received the error since my initial post. I will reply if I get another. In the meantime, I'm going to try the diagnostics.

Jun 9, 2021 7:43 PM in response to Mgretsky

From your EtreCheck report it you were starting to use Swap just a little bit so it is possible when you have all your apps open and you are using the laptop you may be running low or even out of memory. You may want to check Activity Monitor to check the Memory tab to see if the Memory Pressure gauge is in the yellow or worse in the red. Also check to see how much Swap is being used. If you see GBs of Swap being used that is also a bad sign. Check when you have a lot of apps open and are heavily using the laptop (especially if you have not rebooted the laptop for a while). It is a good idea to reboot a Mac maybe once a week (or at least every other week).

You may also want to run Disk Utility First Aid on the hidden Container. Within Disk Utility click on "View" and select "Show All Devices" so that the hidden Container appears on the left pane of Disk Utility. Even if First Aid reports everything is "Ok" click "Show Details" and manually scroll back through the report looking for any unfixed errors. If you find any unfixed errors you will need to erase the whole physical drive before restoring from a backup or clone.

Kernal Panic - MacBook Air 2017 (7,2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.