Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail - search bar disappeared

My seatch bar in mail has disappeared - very inconvenient - any idea how to retrieve it and why it has gone?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 3:44 PM

If you do a 2-finger click on the Toolbar (top of the window) it will give you the option for "Icon and Text", "Text Only", "Icon Only", and "Customize Toolbar...".

If it's set to "Text Only" it won't show the search bar at all. Change it to either "Icon and Text" or "Icon Only", whichever looks better to you.

If it still doesn't come back, you may have to re-add it. Go to "Customize Toolbar...", drag the Search box back onto the layout (near the bottom), and click Done.

I'm not sure exactly why it would have disappeared, but it could be a simple mis-click. I know I've done it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2021 3:44 PM in response to walkwild

If you do a 2-finger click on the Toolbar (top of the window) it will give you the option for "Icon and Text", "Text Only", "Icon Only", and "Customize Toolbar...".

If it's set to "Text Only" it won't show the search bar at all. Change it to either "Icon and Text" or "Icon Only", whichever looks better to you.

If it still doesn't come back, you may have to re-add it. Go to "Customize Toolbar...", drag the Search box back onto the layout (near the bottom), and click Done.

I'm not sure exactly why it would have disappeared, but it could be a simple mis-click. I know I've done it.

mail - search bar disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.