Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14.6 update problems

Anyone else got problems with their Music and Library and Playlists that have disappeared? It also gets stuck when it says ‘Syncing Library’ and stops doing it. My music and playlists have disappeared 😡

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 5:12 AM

Same issue, switched to iPhone 12 from an iPhone 8, Apple Music get giving me the 'Syncing your Library' so I couldn't add more music. Proposed fixes ate my entire library.

Now I'm painstakingly adding an album every time it stops 'Syncing your Library' which takes 3/4 minutes every time for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

33 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2021 5:12 AM in response to Jago_83

Same issue, switched to iPhone 12 from an iPhone 8, Apple Music get giving me the 'Syncing your Library' so I couldn't add more music. Proposed fixes ate my entire library.

Now I'm painstakingly adding an album every time it stops 'Syncing your Library' which takes 3/4 minutes every time for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

Jun 15, 2021 1:09 PM in response to zelda147

Identical issue for my 2 month new iPhone 12. I've been in touch with support, "senior engineering" is working to resolve my issue. No, they're not. 3 weeks without Apple Music. Yesterday, Car Play started crashing (unrecoverable, I have to unplug the phone to get it to work again) in 3 different vehicles. Resolution: I'm trading this stellar non-functioning iPhone in to Samsung for $700 credit, paying just $190 for a new Galaxy, and will be at peace again with a phone that just plain works. I highly recommend this fix.

Jun 20, 2021 1:35 PM in response to zelda147

So I’m having an issue with my music that I’ve paid for on iTunes on my phone…why is it I need to be connected to the wifi to play my music that I’ve payed for this hasn’t happened to me at all since I’ve owned my phone and payed off iTunes..I really would like a very good explanation on why this recent update has screwed me over

Jul 2, 2021 10:39 AM in response to zelda147

Happy to hear, Zelda! Seems like you’ve been going through it.

My friend is experiencing the same things. I’m a stickler for dl’ed content. Just don’t trust streaming fully.

Currently, my friend can’t even re-upload her music. Might have to suggest the “nuke it” approach (as previous poster mentioned) and reset her iPhone. I’m really at a loss as to why this keeps happening with Apple. You’d think they, of all people, would have this sorted out.

Jul 2, 2021 6:33 PM in response to A.I.M Fourze

Yeah, I have tried all the other things mentioned by others with no success. Then after weeks of not even opening the Music app, I did and found all my playlists back. But, all the tracks I had downloaded are not there. That’s ok, happy to download again, now that I have my playlists back. I just don’t understand what happened with the IOS update. I download and back it up to my cloud. Don’t like the streaming services, I want it in my phone. Anyhoo, hang in there as it does seem to ‘right itself’, that’s what mine did. But, this is the only update that has done that to my Apple Music and playlists.

IOS 14.6 update problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.