Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using 1 pair of AirPods Pro with 2 iPhones - how to change and quickly pair to other ph if call coming in on that phone?

I've seen questions asking can you pair one set of AirPods Pro with 2 iPhones and the answer is one device at a time.

Before I buy them - a question -

So if I have iPhone 1 paired and a call comes in for iPhone 2 - is it possible to quickly tap one of the AirPods or hit a button or something on them - so that it quickly pairs in on the iPhone 2 and I can take that call? I have never owned the AirPods so apologies that I don't know. Hoping someone can answer.

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 11:21 PM

hi, go to settings, bluetooth, then click the i next to your airpods, then scroll down to ear detection and click the arrow, then select automatically and it should switch automatically ,

hope this helps

holyschmoe

3 replies

Jun 7, 2021 11:59 PM in response to holyschmoe

Thank you :) so to clarify - If I'm talking on one ph - I will need to make sure I have the other ph 'ready' - so have that ph open in Settings, Bluetooth and on that screen - when I have the AirPods Pro - I will see it there and click on it to connect?

I'm just looking at both my iPhones now on Settings & Bluetooth - but don't have the AirPods Pro yet.

I couldn't see where I could scroll down to 'ear detection'? I don't have the latest iPhone though...I have iPhone 8 and iPhone XR

Will my above description of what to do work?

Jul 1, 2021 1:14 PM in response to arianne__

I have an iPhone 11 iOS 14.6 and airpod pros 2 but like you there is no ear detection mode, just model no, version no, model name and serial no.

My issue is pairing them to a particular devices when I want to listen to podcast music on the iPad, phone or watch individually.

Apparently, “from what I’ve read, you can set up one earpiece per device, by removing one from the case keeping it away from the charging case while connecting. Sadly, after numerous tries and resetting the charging case, I was unable to do so. The only way around the issue “that I have found “ is to remove the air pods from the current device, turn that device off and connect them to my iPhone.

It's no big deal and seamless when connecting however the whole process is a phaf that's annoying and needs addressing by Apple in future updates. I have found however, when connected to any Apple device, calls can be taken on all 3 devices.

Hope that helps.

using 1 pair of AirPods Pro with 2 iPhones - how to change and quickly pair to other ph if call coming in on that phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.