Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recovery time machine password not save in keychain

HI,

I have a time machine drive, with important stuff in it, the password to which I have forgotten. The password is also not stored in the keychain. Is there any way to recover this drive?

It is a backup of my MacBook Air which is linked to my apple id.

Also, do suggest 3rd party apps you may know that might unlock the drive.

I even have a hint set, the keywords from which, may help in unlocking the drive faster.

If nothing works, can apple service centre do it?

Thanks.

Neerav

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 4:18 AM

AceNeerav wrote:

HI,

I have a time machine drive, with important stuff in it, the password to which I have forgotten. The password is also not stored in the keychain. Is there any way to recover this drive?

I even have a hint set, the keywords from which, may help in unlocking the drive faster.

Thanks.
Neerav

I will concede to more Learned Contributors but think without the Password the TM Backup can not be UnLocked. To my knowledge - there is no Third Party Software that can unlock the drive either. Nor, can Apple Services do that.

Wish the news was better

On a similar topic https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252841339?cid=em_apple_email_question_correctanswer_go_to_the_discussion_en-us&answerId=255343725022&page=1

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 4:18 AM in response to AceNeerav

AceNeerav wrote:

HI,

Thanks.
Neerav

I will concede to more Learned Contributors but think without the Password the TM Backup can not be UnLocked. To my knowledge - there is no Third Party Software that can unlock the drive either. Nor, can Apple Services do that.

Wish the news was better

On a similar topic https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252841339?cid=em_apple_email_question_correctanswer_go_to_the_discussion_en-us&answerId=255343725022&page=1

recovery time machine password not save in keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.