Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lossless audio in Apple Music

Hi,

I wish to ask about the recent apple lossless availability. According to the specification, as listed here:

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT212183

The hi-res lossless audio can support up to 24-bit 192khz. The catalogue has shown some music to be available in hi-res lossless. May I know are those album listed as supporting lossless capable to go to hi-res lossless at 24-bit 192khz? If not, May I know which album is available to be listened to at 24-bit 192khz ?

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 7:47 AM

You have to check individually which albums/tracks reach 24 bit 192 kHz resolution.

20 million tracks are available in lossless right now. The whole Apple Music catalogue (over 75 million tracks) will be available by the end of the year.

To know the sample rate of a lossless song, just tap on the lossless icon under the playback progress bar.

Keep in mind that hi-res (24 bit 192 kHz) lossless is available only with an external DAC (Digital Audio Converter).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2021 7:47 AM in response to Mikae Foo

You have to check individually which albums/tracks reach 24 bit 192 kHz resolution.

20 million tracks are available in lossless right now. The whole Apple Music catalogue (over 75 million tracks) will be available by the end of the year.

To know the sample rate of a lossless song, just tap on the lossless icon under the playback progress bar.

Keep in mind that hi-res (24 bit 192 kHz) lossless is available only with an external DAC (Digital Audio Converter).

lossless audio in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.