Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get full resolution on a monitor connected to my iMac?

I am looking for a wide screen display that will support full resolution.

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 8:33 AM

You should go for a monitor with either a DisplayPort, MiniDisplayPort, (1.4) Hdmi 2,0 with HDCP 2.2 or if you have a recent model iMac, USB-C, with 4k maybe 5k resolution depending on your budget. Shut down your iMac, connect the monitor and start up your iMac. Go to system preferences, then go to Displays, hold down the “Option” key and you should see “Scaled for Display” . The name of your display should show up. That’s it from me.

john B

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 8:33 AM in response to tofte9999

You should go for a monitor with either a DisplayPort, MiniDisplayPort, (1.4) Hdmi 2,0 with HDCP 2.2 or if you have a recent model iMac, USB-C, with 4k maybe 5k resolution depending on your budget. Shut down your iMac, connect the monitor and start up your iMac. Go to system preferences, then go to Displays, hold down the “Option” key and you should see “Scaled for Display” . The name of your display should show up. That’s it from me.

john B

How do I get full resolution on a monitor connected to my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.