Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Quit Unexpectedly - Click Reopen To Open the application again.

Hey! I'm not able to use Keynote on my MacBook Air (2015 - I5). Whenever i try to open any file i get the below attached error image. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but the problem persists. I had earlier kept a set of the same file is .pptx format which open in Powerpoint normally. I edited these file a few hours ago and am not able to use Keynote as such.

Any Insight would be of great help.

Cheers!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 4:59 AM

The fix is straightforward. You simply need to update macOS to the latest version, currently Big Sur 11.4.

To do that go to System Preferences > Software Update.

Also make sure you are using the latest Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, currently 11.1. These can be updated, if necessary, through the Mac App Store.

SG

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 4:59 AM in response to Chinmay_Rathore

The fix is straightforward. You simply need to update macOS to the latest version, currently Big Sur 11.4.

To do that go to System Preferences > Software Update.

Also make sure you are using the latest Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, currently 11.1. These can be updated, if necessary, through the Mac App Store.

SG

Jun 11, 2021 2:37 PM in response to Chinmay_Rathore

Same problem. There's many topics about this but apparently no solid fix that works everytime.

My problem occurs on a 2017 Macbook Pro. Updated Keynote after the problem occurred, restarted, nothing works. This is a huge problem for my work right now, costing me a large amount of time.

Not encouraging to see that this is a common problem for many years now.

Jun 12, 2021 9:03 AM in response to SGIII

I can confirm that updating MacOS entirely works! Thanks SGIII!

Why a bunch of documents suddenly stopped working for a bunch of people, will remain somewhat of a mystery.

For me it appears that the problem was related to fonts missing on my Macbook for this presentation. Another workaround is opening the document on iPad, opening the presentation, then tapping "resolve font issues" (which it automatically asked me if I wanted to do), then save. After re-opening on my Macbook the file worked once again. Tried this before updating my Macbook.

Only the iPad (and perhaps iPhone) version of Keynote has this function for some reason. On Macbook there's a way to replace fonts but it's all greyed out for me, even after updating everything.

Keynote Quit Unexpectedly - Click Reopen To Open the application again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.