Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MagSafe Charger.

What exactly is the point of this thing?? It says it delivers faster wireless charging… it’s actually very slow charging much slower than my regular charger and it’s not even wireless. It still has to be connected to a wall outlet. I’m very disappointed with Apple for this. I wasted my money and can’t even return or exchange it because I didn’t even open it until after 14 days. HUGE FAIL APPLE.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 2:03 PM

That is the same set I have and it charges very rapidly so perhaps something is wrong with your phone, MagSafe, or power adapter. Do keep in mind depending on your battery settings when reach 80% it may stop charging until about one to two hours until you use your iPhone. Also even if you don't have this feature on it does slow to a trickle charge at 80%.

It is called wireless because you don't have to plug/unplug a charging cord into the Lightning connector. All Qi chargers, which preceded MagSafe work the same way. I have a Mophie 3 way wireless charger in my bedroom and a wireless charger in my care. The MagSafe with the 20w is the fastest of the three.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 2:03 PM in response to Krzysztof1

That is the same set I have and it charges very rapidly so perhaps something is wrong with your phone, MagSafe, or power adapter. Do keep in mind depending on your battery settings when reach 80% it may stop charging until about one to two hours until you use your iPhone. Also even if you don't have this feature on it does slow to a trickle charge at 80%.

It is called wireless because you don't have to plug/unplug a charging cord into the Lightning connector. All Qi chargers, which preceded MagSafe work the same way. I have a Mophie 3 way wireless charger in my bedroom and a wireless charger in my care. The MagSafe with the 20w is the fastest of the three.

MagSafe Charger.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.